Translate

Friday, November 2, 2012

And You Thought You Had The Comfiest Bed...

Disclaimer: this is my first time blogging from my best friend, my iPhone. Sincerest apologies if the font and color is different. Don't fret. I have self diagnosed OCD so the potential font mishap situation will be fixed. Breathe!

So at about 5:30 pm after arriving in Jerusalem, which is where I am for Shab, I went on a mission.

What kind of mission you may ask (and if you didn't think to ask then dont read this blog. Clearly you are not interested in the highly important events taking place in my life. Highly important= making sure there is the perfect coffee to milk ratio in my coffee.)

Well let me tell you.

There is this thing most people have. No no, actually all people have. It's not food, shelter or love. It's better and you don't realize how good it is until you go two weeks lacking it.

A PILLOW! Big pillows. Small pillows. Thin pillows. Fluffy pillows.

Ya so I had nothing.

I was that poor kid you just wanted to give your leftover sandwich to since you saw the sign "I sleep pillow-less" on my face.

Well I guess it's a family thing because my brother also didn't have a pillow. Thanks mommy.

So after two weeks of suffering the worst of the first world problems I declared enough is enough.
Well there is one thing declaring, another thing doing. (Yes that was philosopher Lottie coming out to play)

Right, so back to getting into Jerusalem. At 5:30 on the dot my Home Center in Talpiyot excursion began. After looking in Givat Shmuel for a pillow for weeks, I was not taking no for an answer.

Home center will have the pillow.
It practically says it in their name- home= pillow. Right? Because who's home doesn't have a pillow?


Ok so I am on my way to get a better nights sleep.
Walk into Home Center and saw they had a deal- two pillows for 50 shek.
Perfect one pillow for me and one for Zushye. And maybe if I want to be super scandalous I will buy four pillows. Three for me and one for Zushye. I am a good sister. After all I went to get him from the airport.

And I am such a good sister that when I saw this massive pillow with fluff on one side and silk on the other I needed it. I endured a full week of school including a schedule mess up. I will own this pillow.
Plus coming from a temperpedic pillow to an average pillow to no pillow I deserve the best of the best.
Kill a sheep for all I care and throw it on my bed (ew that sounds repulsive).

So my mom has always told me I am a consumers dream. I don't know why. It's not like when there is a good sale I buy everything in sight (lies). Or when there is a good deal I suddenly must have every assorted color of a shirt (false.) So when I saw a sign that says if you buy the animal slaughtered (sorry PETA) matching blanket, you get the pillow for free.

Whats a few shekels here and there, right?
The word "a lot" usually tends to be an overstatement.

There was the singles size blanket and then the couples size blanket.
Suddenly in my head I am really fat and need that extra large couples blanket to keep me warm.

Heaven on a bed (in the Katamon apartment. I will be transferring this masterpiece to Givat Shmuel motzai Shabbat)
So there it goes this insanely overpriced Ugg-esque blanket and free pillow. Oh and we can't forget Zushye's pathetic normal people looking pillow...


Can't forget the fluffy side of the pillow. Perfect for those snowy Tel Aviv nights. 
But you should all be proud I did not get the matching robe. Tempting, but I do have self control. HA.

Dear Parents,
As I was walking back to my apartment with my new pet (yes, my blanket and pillow) in tow, I passed the Israel Loan Association. I will go there tomorrow. No worries :-)

(By the way, I shall not tell a lie. I realized over Shab that it's not silk, it's velvet. My bad. If this will stop you from being jealous of my new purchase well I am very sorry.)

1 comment: