Translate

Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Never Ending Wait

The day was November 1, 2012. Well maybe not exactly, but it's fun to pretend. Also it was around that time so I think I'm excused.

On that fateful day I realized not all my clothes fit into my closet.
I am a self admitted clothes addict. Proud of it baby.
I won't be cutting my credit cards on Oprah anytime soon. Trust me.
However, I may be asking Oprah to invent bigger closets (because you know Oprah secretly runs the world) since my clothes just don't fit.

I came to terms with the fact that I will need to order drawers for the rest of my clothes.
I went on Home Center dot com, found some uchy short term drawers, pressed order and figured "great it will come in a week and all will be good in the world." Keep in mind this was the beginning of November. Clearly my theory was wrong wrong wrong.

They apparently called me a week later saying that they are ready to deliver the drawers. I say apparently because they didn't call. I did not get any missed calls or received calls. First complaint I have about Home Center- liars. It's not like "don't lie" is in the aseret ha'dibrot or anything.

Week two of "The Wait": I began getting voice mails from them. Maybe saying voice mails is too nice. Threats is more like it. "If you don't call us back we won't deliver your order." Ohhhh Home Center, I'm so scared you won't deliver my drawers. I'm going to cry myself to sleep now and never recover.
Somehow they know when I have class and only call during those times. Then when I call them back and return their threat-mails they yell at me that I am incompetent.
What do you mean I am incompetent? I am the one who is in school. I am the one who is trying to make a better tomorrow for the future generation.
What are they doing? Verbally harassing people is the answer.
The conversation would usually end the moment I would say "ani tzricha mishloach" and then they would hang up.

Week three of "The Wait": I am sitting in my apartment one day when I get a call from Home Center. Apparently they were right outside my front door. Funny, because when I went down to check they weren't there. The only possible explanation for this is perhaps they were wearing an invisible cloak or something.
I may not be Israeli, but I'm not an idiot. Don't call me and tell me you are outside and then when I tell you that you aren't yell at me. I even told them my address and they told me they are right there. Funny, because I was right there and they were probably in their office in Who Knows Where Land.
I started to think this was some sort of conspiracy or prank. Like pick a costumer and just mess with that person.
It's ironic because the week before I ordered the drawers, (you know in the beginning of November) I put my family in debt by buying an animal of a blanket/ pillow from them (read http://newestsabraontheblock.blogspot.co.il/2012/11/and-you-thought-you-had-comfiest-bed.html). So I put my family in debt and in return I get a prank? I see how it is and revenge in not a pleasant word, Home Center.

Week four of "The Wait: Aka this week. For all of you who don't know I was at a week long seminar at Yad Vashem (best thing that has ever happened to me. Message me on Facebook about it, I will gladly send you a megillah all about it), well Home Center had to ruin one of the best weeks ever. I must have gotten at least ten missed calls from them daily. Because as I have said they love calling when I am in class.
This week I figured enough is enough. I am done with the threats. I am done with the lies. I don't even want my drawers anymore but I stand for justice and justice is what I will receive! Nothing more and nothing less.
I must have spent hours on hold until I finally got through to Home Center. Actually until I finally got through the master of threats, Maya. Bring it.
Obviously she did the ritual of yelling at me and told me that they will begin taking money off my credit card (which correct me if I am wrong but I do believe that is illegal). I told her in my pathetic Hebrew that instead of fighting with me let's just figure out this delivery guy situation so we can all move on with our lives. What a concept.
She gave me the number for the delivery company.
I do have to give some credit to Ms. Maya. For the first time she was able to provide me with some sort of useful information. Well that is until I call the delivery company and they tell me since they sent a guy before (look at week two) with the drawers they have to wait another month to deliver.

They are a delivery company. Deliver. It's like if I order sushi on Tuesday and then I order again on Thursday and they say "no sorry, you had on Tuesday so you need to wait another month." I am truly not understanding the waiting another month thing. Also if I waited another month I would have to put up with these death threats from Maya. She did have all my information so for all I know she could be walking to my front door any day now with an axe. Personally, I wouldn't want that.
Well I told this delivery woman I am not putting up with this anymore. I wanted to be able to sleep at night safely knowing that the Home Center murder squad won't be hunting me down anymore.
Of course she put me on hold and after a solid 20 minutes she says "we will call you back later to inform you on what we have decided."
Like is this a court case or something?! Just say when are you home next week and we will gladly deliver, but no no everything needs to be oh so dramatic. Maybe this woman was a failed actress or something.
For this first time in my life they call me back when I can actually pick up and said they will be by me Sunday between 10 to 1. She then told me that I need to be home because if I am not I will need to sort out my own delivery. I told her part of delivering is showing up to the person's home, not claiming you are there and really aren't.

Home Center, I will be waiting for your arrival with coffee and cookies tomorrow morning. That is if you show up.
These drawers better be good.

Stay tuned...

P.S.- Happy December!

No comments:

Post a Comment